Kartwheel Studio is seeking an experienced, upbeat candidate to join our team. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a detail oriented eye. This candidate will possess the ability to prioritize tasks and be able to communicate effectively. Above all, we’re looking for someone with a positive, team-oriented attitude. Kartwheel focuses on a wide spread of interior design and architecture in both the commercial and residential settings. We are looking for a candidate who is eager to grow with us as the company expands. This is a full-time, salaried position and compensation will be based on the experience.
Job Description: Project Architect
The role of the Project Architect is integral in the development, documentation and delivery of our projects while working in tandem with the principal. The ideal candidate will embody the following qualifications:
- A degree in one of the following related fields: Interior Architecture, Interior Design or Architecture, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an architectural practice. Licensure is ideal but not required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience developing details and construction documentation for permit.
- Experience in all phases of design documentation and construction administration. *Experience in both interior and exterior practice areas is a plus.
- Proficient with Mac OS, Revit, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office software applications.
- Lead on all project technical documentation and coordination including the development of design drawings and technical documentation as well as leading project team assignments.
- Lead the production of schematic design, design development, and RFP exhibit documentation; make decisions and negotiate critical issues in collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Perform construction administration duties (e.g., RFIs, RFPs, change orders, etc.)
- Oversee tasks associated with the permitting process with the City Of Austin.
If you feel this role sounds like it might be good fit, please submit an email that gives us a little insight into who you are along with examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.